[PRICED] TO FIT YOUR BUDGET
A Hattas mural or portrait may be more affordable than you thought.
HOW MUCH DOES A MURAL COST?
Our murals are completely custom. The cost of your mural depends on the following factors:
- amount of detail
- wall texture
- scaffolding needs
- and other variables, such as ceilings and stairs
- materials needed
- shipping costs
The cost is usually discussed at the first consultation so the design can fit your budget. Generally speaking, an average 12' x 9' wall could cost anywhere from $800 to $3200, depending on the aforementioned variables.
HOW DO I COMMISSION A PORTRAIT? WHAT'S THE COST?
Selfies come and go, but a portrait will be cherished for generations. Your oil-painted portrait is more than just a likeness; it's developed to draw the viewer in and truly capture the essence of the subject. Lead Artist, Jeanine Hattas Wilson, will collaborate with you to accommodate your vision and tell your story.
Portrait fees start at $800. The price is based on the size of the painting, how much of the subject is depicted, number of people or pets in the piece, and the complexity of the clothing, props and background.
Travel expenses, framing costs and shipping are additional costs. A one third, non-refundable deposit is required upon the signing of the contract. A second payment of one third is due upon approval of the preliminary design and color study. The balance is due upon approval of the final portrait.
Jeanine specializes in the following:
- New Baby Portrait
- Pets Portrait
- Wedding Portrait
- Honorary Portrait
- Memorial Portrait
- Celebrity Portrait
- Individual Portrait
- Family Portrait
- Profession Portrait
- To begin, send a message to Jeanine Hattas Wilson and let her know you're interested in having a portrait painted. Mention the size of the painting you want, how much of the subject is to be depicted (head & shoulders, half length, three-quarter length, full length), the number of people or pets in the piece, and the complexity of the clothing, props and background.
- Jeanine will respond with an estimate for your portrait. Upon approval, Jeanine will schedule a meeting with you.
- During your meeting, Jeanine will compose the design for the portrait, do some renderings and take photos. This session typically takes between one to three hours, depending. Once approved, a one third, non-refundable deposit is required upon the signing of the contract.
- Next, Jeanine will compose a preliminary design and color scheme for the portrait. A second payment of one third is due upon approval.
- The final painting will take anywhere from one week to a couple months, depending on the size, detail and availability. Jeanine is happy to work with your schedule.
- Once completed, Jeanine will send images of the portrait for your approval. Minor adjustments are no extra charge. Larger changes that require more than five hours will incur an added cost at $100/hour.
- Once approved, Jeanine will personally deliver the portrait within 50 miles of Los Angeles. The balance will be due upon arrival. For long distance clients, Jeanine will have the artwork sent through an insured carrier. The client is responsible for the delivery costs. The balance and delivery cost are due before shipping. Paypal is accepted.
Head, or Head & Shoulders
(Plain or loose background,
8" x 10" = $800
9" x 12" = $950
11" x 14" = $1150
12" x 16" = $1400
16" x 20" = $1750
18" x 24" = $2200
20" x 24" = $2400
24" x 30" = $2950
(plain or loose background)
30" x 36" = $5500
36" x 48" = $6500
48" x 60" = $9800
Inquire for larger sizes
1/2 or 3/4 Figure
(plain or loose background,
20" x 24" = $3200
22" x 28" = $3500
24" x 30" = $3800
24" x 36" = $4000
26" x 32" = $4000
30" x 36" = $4500
36" x 48" = $5500
48" x 60" = $8500
Each additional portrait or figure on the same canvas is an additional 50%.
Backgrounds are typically less detailed than the portrait. For a more highly detailed background, add 50% to the portrait cost.
Any possible travel costs are added for projects 50 miles outside Los Angeles.
Shipping charges for projects 50 miles outside Los Angeles are not included, and will be added accordingly.
Framing is not included. However, Jeanine is happy to take care of framing for an additional $100 fee, plus the cost of the frame.
WHAT TYPES OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We can take checks, cash, and major credit cards (Visa and MC).
Once you are happy with your mural's preliminary sketch/design, we will need a 50% non-refundable deposit to schedule your job. Once your artwork is completed and you're 100% happy, we will collect the remaining 50%.
A one third, non-refundable deposit for your portrait is required upon the signing of the contract. A second payment of one third is due upon approval of the preliminary design and color study. The balance is due upon approval of the final portrait.